An effective alternative to traditional surgical methods of treating varicose and spider veins, Endovenous Laser Ablation surgery uses laser to heat and eliminate the affected veins. The heat produces a steam bubble inside the vein, which destroys the vein walls. As the effected vein collapses, the body naturally absorbs the dead tissue
- The affected vein is located using ultrasound imaging and marked with a pen.
- A minimal incision is made.
- A catheter is inserted through the incision and positioned inside the vein.
- The laser fiber is inserted through the catheter to heat the vein.
- After the heat seals the vein, the incision is covered with a bandage vein.
- Can be safely performed in a doctor’s office as opposed to an operating room.
- Requires only a local anesthetic.
- Widely regarded to be fast, lasting only about 30-60 minutes per leg.
- Does not need sutures and does not leave scars.
- Minimal downtime with most patients able to resume daily activities immediately after treatment.