1. If you are a smoker, you should abstain from smoking immediately. This will help to avoid respiratory complications and improve circulation to the surgical areas.
2. Abstain from taking aspirin, aspirin containing products, or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents immediately and following your surgery unless instructed otherwise.
3. Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to your surgery.
4. Do not eat or drink after midnight the day of your surgery. If you must take medications on the day of surgery, you may take them with a small sip of water.
5. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home after surgery. Please make arrangements for a family member or friend to pick you up.
6. Do not apply any body lotions, creams, antiperspirants, hair treatments, or make up on the day of surgery.